Computer science cover letter
View this sample cover letter for computer science, or download the computer science cover letter template in Word.
As a computer science professional, you know just how important attention to detail is. To be considered for top computer science jobs, your cover letter must demonstrate your skills and experience, as well as your passion for technology. For writing tips, view this sample cover letter for computer science, or download the computer science cover letter template in Word.
Additionally, you can learn about technology careers and look for computer science jobs on Monster.
Computer science cover letter template
Sometown, NJ 55555 | (555) 555-5555 | firstname.lastname@example.org
October 4, 2017
Ms. Lori Hopkins
VP of Information Technology
245 Maple St.
Sometown, NJ 55555
Dear Ms. Hopkins:
I found your posting on Monster for a network administrator and knew I wanted to apply immediately. ABC Corporation’s reputation for responsive service and proactive support differentiates your company from the rest, and I would like to be part of your dynamic team.
Since graduating from XYZ College with a BS in computer science, I have worked for three years as a network administrator for DEF Company. In this role, I am valued as a solutions-focused manager of networks, IT systems, user support functions and technology projects. I have experience in all areas covered in your job ad, including:
- Network and Server Design and Administration
- LAN, WAN, VPN, SAN and VoIP Infrastructure
- Network Analysis and Optimization
- System Security, Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Plans
- Cloud Computing and Data Storage
- Enterprise System and Software Implementations
Known as a keen technical trouble-shooter, I am dedicated to providing cost-effective and expedient solutions optimizing network stability and security; improving performance of systems and equipment; and resolving issues such as network crashes, system slowdowns and virus outbreaks.
At DEF Company, I provide world-class service technical support in an enterprise environment, and I am confident I would quickly become a productive network administrator at ABC Corporation. If you agree, please call me at (555) 555-5555 to set up an interview.
I look forward to your response.
“Barbara is my right hand in maintaining a high-integrity network environment. Her proactive network monitoring, performance tuning and troubleshooting skills ensure that our systems operate at their full potential.” — B. Frazier, IT Director, DEF Company
See all sample cover letters on Monster.
Computer Repair Technician Advice
To succeed as a computer repair technician, you’ll need a range of skills including technical and language skills, plus experience and a strong cover letter. The cover letter examples below have been crafted to help you advance your career as a computer repair technician. Choose from multiple options and use the cover letter examples as a starting point. Then, build your cover letter to fit your needs. With the right cover letter, you’ll be ready to start interviewing and getting the job you want sooner!
Cover Letter Tips for Computer Repair Technician
As you try to find jobs as a Computer Repair Technician, you will likely realize that the actions required are much the same as in the rest of the country. If you can figure out how to stay organized, where to look, who to talk to and practice for the interview, you will have a much easier time:
1. Come up with an organizational strategy. Part of a successful job hunt is being organized. You have to know where you applied, when you applied, who you heard back from and the like. Many jobseekers turn to a spreadsheet to organize this type of information, but you can do whatever works for you.
2. Be open minded. The issues many jobseekers come across is that there aren’t very many openings that interest them. You have to be open minded about the type of jobs you are looking for. Sometimes it is more important to look for a job in a company that you can grow in than it is to find your dream job.
3. Integrate your social media. As you search for jobs as a Computer Repair Technician, it can be very useful to use your social media as a promotional tool. Integrating it into your job search can mean that employers will find you. If nothing else, it means that when potential employers vet you your social media page will be professional.
4. Use your network. You can find out about more job opportunities by talking with people in your network. Not only will you be able to find out about more potential positions, but you will also be able to gather important information related to potential employers, interview techniques and new industries.
5. Consider the interview. Finally, you have to think about the interview. You should practice answering common interview questions. Think about what you should wear. You should even practice actively listening to ensure that you will give the best answer possible to all interview questions.
Computer Repair Technician Job Seeking Tips
A well-written and -designed cover letter can really help you find jobs as a Computer Repair Technician. Oftentimes your cover letter gives potential employers a first impression about you as a worker. Because of its importance, you want to make sure to create an outstanding document. You can use these tips toward that end:
1. Use a reverse chronological order for your employment and education to ensure your most recent and most relevant experience is at the top.
2. Try to discuss your past experience in terms of accomplishments, with metrics and using strong verbs.
3. Emphasize transferable skills throughout your cover letter, especially if you have little related experience.
4. Quantify whenever you can because saying you supervised 45 people is more precise than saying you supervised workers.
5. If you have to share older experience on your cover letter, don’t put too much emphasis on it. Typically you should only include the last 15 to 20 years.